Tuesday, August 31, 2010

4 countries, 6 days

Ever since I stepped on my first plane at the age of 7, which, incidentally, had to make an emergency landing because a piece of satellite crashed into the windshield causing the plane to decompress, but I digress... I love flying.

Whenever I knew I was getting on a plane to go somewhere, I'd be so excited I couldn't sleep the night before. 

I also love my job.  I love it for a lot of reasons, one of which is that a couple of times a year, I get to travel for work.  Work has taken me to places I would have never imagined: India (5 times... a place I said I would never go to!), Israel, Hong Kong, China and Thailand.  Though I've done at least 2 business trips a year for the last 6 years, I still get excited to go away. 

As anyone that's ever traveled for work knows, it's hardly a party.  The days are long, busy and travel (especially thru random small indian airports) can be frustrating.  But that doesn't deter me.  I still get excited at the fact that work pays for me to go overseas and represent them. 

This trip is particularly short; all of 6 days.  But in those 6 days, my collegue and I will be hitting up 4 countries: Hong Kong, China, Vietnam and Taiwan.  That's a new record, even for me.  I'm excited to go to Vietnam and Taiwan despite they're only 2 nights and 1 night respectively.

I did however, get warned that crossing roads in Hanoi requires nerves of steel. That should be interesting....

No comments: