Friday, August 17, 2012

Getting over April

It's hard to imagine sometimes the twists and turns that life makes. What's even crazier to imagine is that as shitty as things can get, they can quickly turn around (and sadly vice versa).

In April, my life felt like a bad country song. No really. I had just had emergency surgery, was healing from complications from it, the employer I was leaving was being an asshole (an understatement really), I was having a hard time extricating myself from Germany and I had just broken up with a guy I really liked. The only thing short of my life being a country song was that my dog didn't run away. Thank god.

Flash forward to August. I live in a new country which is a lot easier to adjust to and I work for a new company and love my position. A few weeks ago, I went to portofino for the weekend. I planned a BBQ on the lake with two dozen new friends and colleagues this past week. I'm meeting a friend in barcelona that I haven't seen in 12 years. And I have a work trip to chamonix.

I haven't exactly moved onto cheesy inspirational song territory, and I wouldn't want to. But I am enjoying getting over April by the changes August has delivered me. I've never been a fan of country music and when life suddenly became one it was torture, but I'm sure glad it was short lived!

No comments: