Monday, March 08, 2010

Vanishing Act

It looks like not much has changed in the 5 years since my last tour on the dating scene.  And though I can't say there's comfort in that, there is a certain element of comedy (though maybe comedy in the way Shakespeare meant it as opposed to Mr. Bean)

The story always seems to go like this: boy meets girl, boy likes girl and calls her constantly.  Girl is unsure and overwhelmed but proceeding with caution.  This game continues for a few weeks, months etc... and as soon as girl slightly relents and shows interest back, boy vanishes. 

The part that's comical about this is that it's happened to me more than once.  I used to think it was all about me.  Was I not pretty enough? Was it something I said? Didn't say? Should I have shown more interest? Less?  Now, I just laugh.  I know enough that it's happened to pretty much every person who has ever been single.  Likely more than once.  What annoys the hell out of me though, is that the other person doesn't think that a quick little "geez, you know, I've changed my mind, not interested anymore" or something similar would go a long way in the respect and admiration category as opposed to the slinky douche category.

p.s. though the pic above has nothing to do with the post, it's the best stain remover ever!

No comments: