Monday, April 23, 2012

The day shit got real

Today is the 5th day since my surgery.  I have to say, I'm feeling less like I was drugged and got an organ stolen and more along the lines of being kicked in the gut by a donkey.  NOT that I have any idea what that feels like, but if you were to be kicked by a donkey, I'm pretty sure it would feel like this.

Today is also what high school motivational posters would call "the first day of the rest of your life"  or, what I prefer to refer to as "the day shit got real".  You see, in less than 3 weeks I'm supposed to be starting a new job in Switzerland, but, even though I've given notice at my current job 5 weeks ago, they still haven't confirmed when they'll "let" me go.   To the point where I've had to hire a lawyer to negotiate my exit.  Then, we have the added complication of my recent organ departure, obviously healing from that is top priority and work is the last thing on my mind.

And to make sure my life in Germany makes a good country song, I just found out the guy I've been dating and smitten with for the past 3 months is married.  Well, best case scenario is his ex still thinks they're married, worst case scenario IS that they're still married. 

I'm wise enough to know that somehow life will all work itself out and me worrying about things will only make it worse.  I have no idea how I'm going to prepare for a new country move while healing from surgery, but shit works out.  I know this to be true.  But still, is it wrong to want to bury myself under the cover for the next 2 weeks to make the world go away?

1 comment:

Katharina and Sammy said...

maybe my imagination is not the best, but how can somebody not know if he or she is still married? I know we german are great at being bureaucratic...but don`t you have sign something to get divorced in every country? anyway, Sammy and I are really sorry about that guy...what a jerk!!