Friday, April 27, 2012

The little engine that could

Right now, I'm a mix of feeling like I'm on auto pilot and feeling the little engine that could.  Of all the times in my life, I'm gonna say that this feels the most challenging.  Yeah, I've had some challenging times in the past, but at least I had blind courage and physical strength behind me.  Both of which I feel elude me now.  The physical strength is obvious, I'm still recovering from what felt short of waking up in a bathtub of ice with an organ missing.  Ok, maybe that's a gross exageration, but my the recent and unexpected loss of an unncessary organ did feel like that.

But thankfully, I have blind courage.   That's my auto pilot, and except for a few times, it hasn't led me wrong.  Just when I think things are unbearable, I have the little engine that could mantra in my head of "I think I can, I think I can, I think I can" and somehow I do.

In the next few weeks, I'll be packing up (well, not me, some lovely movers) my Deutschland life and giving it up for a life in Switzerland.  It still seems surreal that after a quick 16 months in land of Deutsch, I'm packing it in and hitting the reset button.   But alas, after all that's happened, the reset button needed to be hit!

I think I can, I think I can, I think I can....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck Katherine
I've been following your adventures recently. It looks like you need an extra dose of courage for now but you are resilient and I am sure things will improve for you. You are vibrant, funny and an eternal optimist. You are an inspiration to follow your dreams and will come up with more wacky plans! Continue sharing and making me laugh,
Cheers, from an old workmate from Vancouver, MF