Thursday, January 07, 2010

the 3 year hiatus...

Ok, so it may have been 3 years (almost to the day) that I posted something. I didn't forget about this blog, it's just that in 3 years, life got crazy. What have I been doing? Well, I got engaged, got married and got divorced. Yeah, it was a bit of a whirlwind. I'm pretty sure it was up there with one of the worlds shortest marriages (9 months). That all ended last year. I've been picking up the pieces and figuring myself for the past year and now I'm feeling human and back to my normal self (with a little more experience, edge and wit hopefully)

I got reinspired to write this block after going on a date last night. After all the drama, I'm finally feeling up to dating again. I've discovered that dating in your mid 30's is quite the adventure. The good thing of having been married, is that I'm certainly not in a rush to go down that road. As a result, I'm taking dating this time with a lot more humor and am a lot more relaxed about it. There have been some great dates (such as fellow last night) and some really boring ones (I'm pretty sure watching paint dry would be more interesting) so I thought, I'd make the focus of this blog entertaining stories about dating. It's sure to be amusing, stay tuned...

No comments: